In addition to creating natural history and other exhibits for various
museums, I also own and operate a custom framing and mount-making business.
I would like to expand this service to more museums and would appreciate
some general information regarding the actual need out there.  Feel free to
respond off list and thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these
questions. I'll be happy to share the tabulated results with anyone who is
interested.

   - What is the major focus of your museum? Art? History? __________?

   - Do you routinely require custom framing or frames for exhibitions?
   ...for a gift shop?

   - If yes, what portion of your framing requirements are produced in
   house: all, some, or none?

   - Do you have a preparator or other staff that is in charge of this
   function?

   - Do you cut your own mats? ...glazing? ...mouldings? ... mount (or
   hinge) artwork? ...assemble art into frames?

   - If you do your own framing do you purchase *materials *wholesale
   through a distributor? ...a local retail frame shop?  ...a chain store?...
   ...an independent framer?

   - If you do *not *do your own framing, do you order *custom *frames
   and/or mats from a manufacturer? ...a local retail frame shop?  ...a chain
   store?... ...an independent framer?

   - Does your museum ever hire independent mount- makers or do you produce
   these in house?

   - Is there any other service or product that your museum requires that a
   framer / mount-maker can provide?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Frank Gregory