So, lots of press on the swine flu. And reports of some towns closing
parks and playgrounds, schools, or other gathering places.

We just revamped our disaster plan, and I realize there is nothing in
the plan to prepare for the impacts of "social distancing" that may take
place.

"Social Distancing" - avoiding public gathering places, or keeping a
distance of 6 feet from other people, or self- quarantining your family
if there is illness is proven to keep illness from spreading, and can
help avoid a pandemic.

But what about the effect on your institution?

Does anyone have a plan in place? Obviously if your public institution
is instructed by officials to close to avoid gatherings of people you'll
just be doing that, and take a loss in attendance revenue. But what if
your employees are told to not go to work?  Or - if your employees fear
going out in public?

Does anyone have plans for offsite work, or who are essential personnel
that must report?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

133 S. Fitzhugh St.

Rochester NY  14608

(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and
Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org <http://www.landmarksociety.org/>

Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog
<http://landmarksocietywny.blogspot.com/>

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12149056258>  / MySpace
<http://www.myspace.com/landmarksociety>