I just sent out my first #FollowFriday post. I want to help to promote museums and science, in general, and so each week, I will be recommending museums on Twitter. I really encourage you who Tweet to recommend each other's institutions.  I'm going to try to limit myself to one #FollowFriday post each week so as to retain credibility, but each post can have a number of recommendations.  Unless you're posting as yourself, it's probably better to have a reciprocity agreement among museums and each promote one another, though I'm not certain it isn't kosher to do #FollowFriday for yourself. Your followers already know about you, but it would put you in the search results. To find out who's being promoted on #FollowFriday, search the terms #FollowFriday here http://search.twitter.com/

In case you're not familiar with how to do it, here's my post from today, so you can mirror structure:

Indigo_NightsIt's #FollowFriday! Feed your mind. Try @GettyMuseum @scifri @MuseumModernArt@TheWomensMuseum @sciencemuseum @philamuseum@knoxart @vmfa

Will promote more museums next week.

Looking for a Job in the Arts?