Re Lancaster, PA, I would suggest going to Lititz, http://www.preservationnation.org/travel-and-sites/sites/northeast-region/lititz-pa.html (don't miss the Wilbur Chocolate Company) , and you might also go to Cornwall Iron Furnace http://www.cornwallironfurnace.org/index.htm , and while you are in Cornwall you can go to Tony's Mining Company Restaurant http://www.tonysminingcompany.com/ . Mt. Gretna is not that far away, and worth a visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Gretna,_Pennsylvania (have a Jigger at the Jigger Shop).

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katherine McLeister
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] suggestions

It has been a LONG time since I was there, but Hershey, PA is only about 45 minutes from Lancaster, PA.

HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLD
http://www.hersheys.com/chocolateworld/index.shtml

Lancaster is Pennsylvania Dutch country and you should find a good local place for shoofly pie, although I have no suggestions from personal experience.  There is also a substantial Amish population and shops and (I think) a lot of good antique shops.

Kathy McLeister
MLIS grad student