I sent this to an ADA consultant friend of mine to see if there was anything to add on the plans for this.  Here are his remarks.

Indigo, I don’t have any thoughts that would be helpful.  In fact, I think they’re on the right track.  Many ADA lawsuits come about simply because people get frustrated with trying to figure out how to get from here to there.  A map will help a lot, and will improve the guest experience tremendously.

The museum should, however, commission a real evaluation of the facility to discover the areas of non-compliance.  Then it should take a hard look at what can be reasonably done; that is, see what can be done to increase the accessibility of the institution.  Create a plan and then implement it