Good afternoon,

I may have inadvertently sent an email to everyone earlier today requesting to sign up to the listserv!  Sorry, this is my first post and I am still trying to figure out how the listserv works.

We need some advice with marketing ideas for a new internet program at the Luce Foundation Center of American Art, the visible storage unit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  We launched a new flickr feature in February, Fill the Gap, where people can suggest new replacements for the Luce Foundation Center, and have had only one participant (who has made wonderful suggestions).  We have tried several means of viral marketing—posting to our facebook page, tweeting about the project, posting a link to flickr users with pictures of the Luce Center, emailing past teachers and professors and soon posting to our museum blog.  Have any of you struggled with promoting new programs online?  We would like to make this a monthly program, but are afraid it is not attracting enough participants.

We would appreciate any feedback on to better market our project, or on the project itself.  Please reply to [log in to unmask] with ideas or questions.

Thank you!

Tierney Sneeringer

Assistant, Luce Foundation Center for American Art

Smithsonian American Art Museum