We have also used this company, and are very satisfied with the quality
and historical appropriateness.

Carol Ely

Historic Locust Grove

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Catherine Dean
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reproduction fruit/sweetmeats

I highly recommend Henri Gadbois at:

http://www.realfauxfoods.com/information.html

Everything is museum safe, and made to early 19th/late 18th century
specifications.  The commercial companies can be useful too (I've used
Barnard, Ltd. http://www.artificialfood.com/ for some basic things,
especially in outdoor installations where materials are less of an
issue), but often the foods are too big, or too shiny (like apples) or
just too modern to appropriately represent the period you're going for.

Henri also does custom work, I believe.

Good luck!

Catherine E. Dean
Curator of Collections