Liz,

I had not heard of this before last fall. One of my former assistants
married last fall and they had a cookie bar.  I don't believe that
family and friends made the cookies, however.  She was from and married
in Wisconsin (outside Milwaukee).

They had a formal reception, sit down dinner and dancing.  The cake was
cut during the reception and served with dinner.  The cookie bar was
open during the reception.

I'm sure I can put you in touch with her, if you need.  Contact me off
list.

Hope this helps

Tracie

Tracie Evans