From: Shiree Dyson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] itunes terms of usage in audio tour for museums

Hello All:

What are the terms of usage in museums for songs or speeches downloaded
from  iTunes?
We plan to use the Guide-by-Cell program and would like to add 5 - 15 sec
soundbites to the audio tour. Several of the speeches and songswe would
like to use were located on iTunes.
Staff members have tried unsuccessfully to contact a live person at Apple
to ask this question directly. We have also read all the legal information
on the website but nothing clearly answers this question. I should also
add we have a license with BMI to use their catalogue.

SO, if anyone has had this issue before or if anyone can provide an answer
please share.

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

Shiree M. Dyson
Director Public Programs, Education, Exhibitions
Museum of the African Diaspora
685 Mission Street (at Third Street)
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-358-7215 direct
415-358-7252 fax

  _____

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get
<http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000035>
the Radio Toolbar!

Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read