Mandy,

A rack system sounds like a good idea - a compact way to store a bunch of
like items. Because a branding iron is significantly heavier (and wider) on
one end you may want to think about vertical storage. Just make sure the the
rack rails that would be in contact with the iron are padded out with an
acid free material - thin volara foam might be a good choice.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator