I know some sites have created a Group on Facebook.  Example the Morris-Butler House Fan Club.  Which is used by the Morris-Butler House Museum in Indianapolis, IN to keep in touch with its volunteers, members and anyone else who is interested in what the museum is doing or the events that are happening at the site.  I am not precisely sure how it was set up but it seems to be working well.

Kat Barr

From: CELINA AGUIRRE <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:37:42 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Facebook account

Dear listers,
Facebook will not let me open an account under "Williamson Museum." For those of you who have a Facebook account for your museum, did you open the account under a person's name or under the museum? Should I open it with my name?
In advance, thank you!

Celina I. Aguirre

The Williamson Museum

716 S. Austin Ave.