I have two question regarding glass negatives; we recently received 50 plus glass negatives take in 1899/1900. We received the negatives either loose in a box or in their own envelope (from 1899/1900), I feel that the negatives that have their own envelopes should be in something other than the envelope (which are in no way archival material), am I correct (even though they have been in there for 109 years)?

Second question is what archival product should I put them in? They are not thin pieces of glass they are about a quarter inch thick. A few of the images are coming off the glass but most are in decent shape. I want to put them in something before I put them in an archival box.  Any suggestions for products?

Thank you,
Kristy Miller-Spading, Registrar
New Milford Historical Society and Museum
New Milford, Connecticut