Hi everyone-

I have a slightly unusual request since usually please contact this list
when they have items that need a new home, but in this case I am hoping
you can assist me in finding objects that could use a new home.

I am currently working on the furnishing plans for an expansion
currently underway at Sauder Village in NW Ohio scheduled to open in
August 2009.  This "Pioneer Settlement" expansion will be adding and/or
renovating several areas to our complex focusing on pioneer settlement
of the Great Black Swamp area of NW Ohio from 1834-1890.  Although we
have many of the items necessary for this expansion and our on-site
craftsmen are working on some replicas.  I am still looking for several
items that we currently do not have in our collections.  I am hoping
that someone (preferably in the Midwest) might have one or more of these
items in their collection and be willing to discuss relocating them to
Sauder Village.  We would prefer to trade or transfer for these items
rather then loan them since this is a long term installation.

1- 6-plate or 10-plate stove, ca. 1840s

1- Cook stove, ca. 1850s-1875 (potentially could be used in the future)

1 or 2 - Cylinder stoves, ca. 1890-1900s (large but simple designs
needed for use in Mennonite Church)

2- Wood Crates, ca. 1830s

2- Wood Barrels, ca. 1830s

4- Wood kegs, ca. 1830s

1- Flour Barrel, ca. 1840s-1850s

1- Firewood Boxes, ca. 1840s-1870s

1- Coffee Grinder, ca. 1830s

2- Coffee Grinders, ca. 1840s-1850s

1- Andirons, ca. 1840s (very simple style for small rural school)

2- Ladder back chairs, ca. 1840s-1850s

6- Dining room chairs, ca. 1870s

2- Basin/Ewer Sets, ca. 1840s-1850s

2- Dry sinks, ca. 1840-1870s

1- Dough box, ca. 1840-1870s

Materials and Equipment for a rural/farm Wagon Shop, ca. 1875 (Please
contact me for more information)

Also, I am looking for good sources for hearth appropriate cookware
(i.e. spiders, skillets, etc) for use in our foodways program.  If you
know of good sources of hearth cookware, please let me know.

If you have any of these items and you are interested in discussing
relocating these items to Sauder Village, please contact me at the
address, email or phone listed below.

Thank you

Tracie Evans

Curator of Collections

Sauder Village

22611 St. Rt. 2

Archbold OH 43502

Phone: 419/446-2541

FAX: 419/445-5251

Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information
which may be protected from disclosure under law, and is
intended solely for the use of the individual, group, or entity
to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the
named recipients, please notify the sender by e-mail and
other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Thank you for
your assistance.