The latest news for, from, and about National Trust Historic Sites:

 *   Is Your Site a Plantation?  (a stimulating discussion launched on a controversial topic)
 *   The Challenge of Interpreting 20th Century Historic Landmarks<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/interpreting-modern-landmarks/> (an art exhibit prompts some opinions on the state of interpretation)
 *   Hard Times Hit the Vanderbilt Mansion (a current lesson on mismanagement despite a multimillion dollar endowment)
 *   Tenement Museum offering Tours at a Discount<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/tenement-museum-tours-discount/> (a strategy for other sites in these economic times?)
 *   Theresa Pasqual's vision for the public lands near Acoma Sky City<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/theresa-pasqual-public-lands/> (an historic site thinks about the world far beyond its walls)
 *   How Green is My Historic Site?<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/how-green-is-my-historic-site/> (preserving a historic site is a serious achievement in sustainability, but can we do more?)
 *   Glass House inspires Michael Kors with new clothing line<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/michael-kors-glass-house/> (who would have thought that a National Trust Historic Site could influence haute couture?)
 *   and Terri Anderson reflects on the natural disasters affecting historic sites in 2008 in A Year of Resilience<http://historicsites.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/2008-a-year-of-resilience/>.
You'll find even more at http://historicsites.wordpress.com<https://webmail.nationaltrust.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=6f30b4f9ecd5418693ece9fcfa2c76ae&URL=http%3a%2f%2fhistoricsites.wordpress.com%2f>, the blog for National Trust Historic Sites (but available to other historic sites, too).

Max A. van Balgooy | Director of Interpretation and Education
National Trust for Historic Preservation | 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC  20036
Phone (202) 588-6242 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Have you visited one of our historic sites?  You'll discover great architecture, extraordinary collections, and unforgettable experiences.  Begin your explorations at PreservationNation.org.