We have a rubbing of a tombstone in our collection and we are trying to figure out what the standard object name might be for cataloging purposes.  A search through nomenclature sources hasn’t turned up anything satisfactory.  If anyone else has dealt with rubbings, how have you catalogued them?

Jennifer Vess

Curatorial Assistant

Jewish Museum of Maryland

15 Lloyd Street