Holly,

I didn't see the original question - only the subject line but when I was working at the National Portrait Gallery in DC we created an adopt-a-portrait program.
Very successful: http://www.npg.si.edu/giving/adopt.htm

Lilly Goldberg

Administrative Coordinator

Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington

701 4th Street, NW, Suite 200

Washington, D.C. 20001

P: (202)789-0900

F: (202)789-0485