I would advise this student to concentrate on their subject area for and
undergraduate degree, and get some volunteer experience or work-study at
as many museums and libraries as possible.  Then she will be in a better
position to decide between museums and libraries (or perhaps another
related field) for grad school.  More experience should also help her
build on those weaknesses, especially working with groups, because it
sounds like she may do well in museum education.

James "Kimo" Tichgelaar
Project Coordinator, Hands on History
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211-2497
614.297.2523
614.297.2546 (fax)

Volunteer for Rockwell's America!

Norman Rockwell's Saturday Evening Post covers come to life during
Rockwell's America at the Ohio Historical Center from November 1 through
March 1. Be a part of this amazing exhibit by becoming a volunteer.
Training is provided. Please call Mary Cannon at 614.297.2392 or visit
http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/vol.html#rockwell for additional
details.

Are you a member? Membership is more valuable than ever, with featured
exhibits and exciting special events for the entire family! Learn more
today at www.ohiohistory.org/about/mem.html
<http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/mem.html> .

OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY

Connect with the past. Create a better future.