Anne,

Go to this URL and read from page 173 - 176

http://books.google.com/books?id=X6IXouh7xvkC&pg=PA174&lpg=PA174&dq=copyright+use+of+songs+in+retail+stores&source=web&ots=c2J4Oz8x-S&sig=-3o8062eA7E1QQJ5EIdvhm257qo&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result#PPA174,M1

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator