Tom,

The firm I am with is also using Basecamp and it is a very powerful tool, especially for large complex projects that require coordination and communication with many different parties. There is also a great feature where all associated emails and files can be place in a project archive as associated documentation that is readily accessible. I can see many uses in museums from programs and operations, to capital campaigns, planning and building projects, exhibit management, to conservation.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator