Thanks, Pam.
Sandra

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Pamela Silvestri
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] photograph preservation

The first thing I would encourage you to do is to ask the donor for even a small monetary donation to help defer the cost of necessary archival materials (boxes, envelopes, etc) if re-housing the photographs is necessary.

If some funding isn't available via the route...there should be some small grants you can apply for to support the re-housing (or further work) of this collection.

Just from the little info you've provided about the condition these photos may have been subjected to...I can only guess that they'll need to be properly re-housed in order to facilitate stabilization.

Pam