Hello all,

The Illinois State Museum is interested in updating their public program
guide. The current newsletter is between 4 to 6 pages and provides
information on all of the public programs for adults and children as
well as changing gallery exhibits. It is currently printed in black and
white on a xerox machine. We would like to cut down on our current costs
in order to produce a more professional-looking document that will
better serve our readers. We would also like to cut the length in order
to use less paper and serve busy families.

I would like to hear how other museums inform the public about their
public programs and more specifically:

    * If you have a program guide, how much information do you
      include? Do you provide minimal information (title, date, time,
      audience, etc.) and then ask readers to refer to the website for
      more information?
    * Do you have an electronic mailing? If so, how did you go about
      collecting e-mail addresses for it, and do you still produce a
      paper version? Are the electronic and paper versions identical,
      or do they contain different information?
    * If you no longer produce a program guide, why did you
      discontinue it and how do you spread the word about programs?

Please respond to the list as I am sure it will be helpful information
to others.

With gratitude,
Elizabeth Bazan
--
Please "think green" before you print this message.
*Elizabeth Bazan*