I'm collecting ideas on rewarding staff, excluding pay raises.  This was
initially described to me as "staff incentives" - but I think our staff
does not require incentives to do the great work they produce - but they
should get rewarded or thanked or recognized, especially after some
gigantic, overwhelming event.

In the past, I've heard of a museum that arranged with a local adult
education organization for deeply discounted rates - staff could take
wine tasting courses and other interesting workshops.  Many places offer
reciprocal admission policies - your staff can come to my museum for
free, and vice versa.

Any other ideas?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

133 S. Fitzhugh St.

Rochester NY  14608

(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and
Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org <http://www.landmarksociety.org/>

Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog
<http://landmarksocietywny.blogspot.com/>

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12149056258>  / MySpace
<http://www.myspace.com/landmarksociety>