From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cindy Boyer
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] incentives or rewards for staff

I’m collecting ideas on rewarding staff, excluding pay raises.  This was initially described to me as “staff incentives” – but I think our staff does not require incentives to do the great work they produce – but they should get rewarded or thanked or recognized, especially after some gigantic, overwhelming event.

In the past, I’ve heard of a museum that arranged with a local adult education organization for deeply discounted rates – staff could take wine tasting courses and other interesting workshops.  Many places offer reciprocal admission policies – your staff can come to my museum for free, and vice versa.

Any other ideas?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

133 S. Fitzhugh St.

Rochester NY  14608

(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org

Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog

Facebook / MySpace

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: