Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:28:54 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Checking for pests

Dear Listers:

I need your suggestions! Part of our archives collection, currently housed in individual file folders in archival boxes, have been stored in a building without adequate pest or climate control for a number of years. We plan to move them into our secure, environmentally monitored collections storage area, that houses a range of artifacts, from iron tool fragments to pottery sherds. I would like to avoid possible contamination of the artifacts and would like to know what best to do to examine archives for pests. Unfortunately, we don't have access to a freezer for the items, so that's not an option. We've started going through each file, and so far there are no signs of pest activity, but I am wondering if others have experienced a similar move and have any suggestions. Thank you for any and all information!

Best,

Shyra

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: