The use of Copyrighted work for inspiration could be a wiggly worm.   The
tern Derivative work  pops right to mind.   Not that it would be but if they
just copy and make a image that is to close then you could have real issues.

Randy S. Little
http://reel.rslittle.com
http://imdb.com/name/nm2325729/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rslittle