Hi everyone,

Throughout the summer at the Baseball Hall of Fame we offer short 15 minute character presentations in the musuem throughout the day. For these presentations our program host takes on a specific role. A host dressed as a World War II pilot or Rosie the Riveter type figure tells visitors about the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League during the war, while a host presenting as a ballpark vendor talks to visitors abou the history of vending in baseball and allows them to test out how heavy the hot dog containers are that get lugged up and down stadium stairs.

Our program hosts typically consist of summer interns and part-time seasonal staff. As a result, there is often little time for training before these presenters are out in front of the public. I was wondering if others on the list have run similar museum theater programs, and could explain what type of training their presenters went through.

Stephen Light
Manager of Museum Programs
National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum
25 Main Street, Cooperstown, NY, 13326
607.547.0329 (p)
607.547.4094 (f)
Experience  http://www.baseballhalloffame.org today , your online home for everything Cooperstown:

* Participate in our  Hall of Fame Fantasy Camp;
* Shop in our  Online Museum Store  24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
* Receive Inside Pitch, our free E-Newsletter;
* and much more