Just heard on the radio that the new Smithsonian African American history museum coming on the mall is looking for such donations.

From: Janis Wilkens <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:19:18 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Runaway Slave Ad

Hello! I have been contacted by a woman who has a runaway slave poster ad, for which she is seeking a suitable repository. The ad has been passed down in her family, originally came from Lexington, Ky. and she would prefer to deposit it in a museum there (I assume an archive would also be acceptable). I’d be delighted to get any offers, leads, or suggestions from those of you more familiar with Kentucky institutions than I am! Thanks!

Janis Wilkens

Registrar

Levine Museum of the New South

200 E. Seventh St.

Charlotte NC 28202-2508

704.333.1887 x 257  |   fax 704.333.1896

www.museumofthenewsouth.org/

Office hours: Tues., Wed. 10:00-4:00; Thur. 1:00-7:00; Fri. 11:00-4:00