I provided this info to the MuseJobs folks earlier this week and again yesterday.  If you are in the projected path of this potentially devastating storm and its periphery, go to EmergencyEmail.org  Sign up for alerts for your state for both your email and your cell phone.  In a catastrophe, either/or could go down, and having it twice improves your ability to get updates.

DO NOT call people in your area just to talk about your fears if you can text.  Save the phone system for those who have no other way to communicate.  Send a text message.  It takes significantly less phone time and may help to protect a potentially debilitated infrastructure.  DO text your friends and relatives as soon as it is safe to do so to let them know you are ok or if help needs to be sent.

DO let this list know how you and your institution are doing after the storm hits.  We are concerned about you and want to make sure you are ok.

If you lose things that must be replaced in your home after the storm, consider signing up for Freecycle.org.  Everyone should sign up in their area anyway.  It could be that your neighbors will not have replacements.  But help get the word out about in-kinds that are needed because my experience is that Freecycle people are VERY generous.  If the word spreads along the web about needs and, if there is a safe and easy way to get merchandise moved, I am confident Americans will gather all they can for the benefit of your area.

Finally, here is a situation map to monitor that is updated regularly.  It shows traffic evacuation routes, info on both Gustav and Hannah, and weather maps.

BE SAFE, BE SMART, BE COMFORTED IN KNOWING THE NATION PRAYS FOR YOUR WELL BEIING.

http://www.vuetoo.com/vue1/Situationpagenews.asp?sit=1715