I have this chair.  I keep it in my trunk and have taken it on vacation with me to use at various museums (if I'm driving).  It's lightweight, sturdy, and easy to carry.  I wholeheartedly recommend it.

http://www.healthyback.com/products/gci/gci-quick-e-seat/189?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shopzilla

----- Original Message ----
From: "Via, Marie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:50:54 AM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] portable museum stools

The Memorial Art Gallery is hoping to replace the stools we’re
currently using for adult tours, sketchers, and so on – they need to be
study, affordable, and able to be stored in a compact manner. We’re
looking at The Museum Stool, but are eager to learn about others that our
sister institutions have used and welcome any contact information for sources
of  venders.  Thanks!

Marie
Via
Director