We have folding chairs artfully hidden, if anyone expresses doubt they can do our tour, the docents are to tell them about the chairs. On the rare occasion I have the pleasure of conducting a tour; I start with saying, "if anyone feels that standing for 40 minutes would take away from their ability to enjoy the tour, say the word, I can make chairs appear magically". I find people will be more honest with me when I approach it this way.

It takes a second for me to whip out a chair, and I can usually do it without skipping a beat in the talk. If people feel walking from the visitors center might be too strenuous...we have wheelchairs available (pushed by interns;)....if they are reluctant, I remind them "you know what, you will never see these people again and you may never get to visit here again, who cares what they think, enjoy the ride."