Oh my if we do that, I am afraid the list will be overwhelming...that said, my favourite catalog discovery was simply "Large, roughly square, chunk of dirt" in the description. I thought 'nah, couldn't be' but my curiousity made me go look it up. Nested in a plactic bag, carefully wrapped in polyester batting, was said clump of dirt, with a note stating labeling was found to be impossible.

Sarah

-----Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----

To: [log in to unmask]
From: Sabrina Henneman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 08.08.2008 10:58AM
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Amusing Catalog Card

How about a variant – items thatshould never have been accessioned in the first place?

We’re a 19th century daily life museum, so the followingaccession is a bit unusual:

“Clock Electric, gold "GENERALELECTRIC,´ Steel/glass/rubber, 1970,$1 – 1975”

Sabrina Henneman

Collections Registrar

Genesee Country Museum

www.gcv.org