I studied Digital Heritage as part of my MA program at The University of
Manchester in Manchester, England. We addressed these issues and started a
blog that proved a valuable tool for the larger museum studies community:

http://digitalheritage.wordpress.com/

Also, if you contact Dr. Konstantinos Arvanitis and ask him for a copy of
the Egyptology Gallery case study from 2006-2007 MA Digital Heritage class
that contains the prototype for a webbased kiosk, that could help you as
well.

http://www.arts.manchester.ac.uk/museology/academicstaff/index.htm

Good luck!