From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yearous, Jenny Dee
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 3:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] White ink for artifact numbering?

I have used Rotring brand Artist Colors for years with great success.  It is a white pigment ink that I get in bottles just like the carbon black (India) ink that I use for other numbering. It claims to be light fast and waterproof and I have not had any problems with it in those regards.  I get it from my local art supply store. Since I haven't bought any in a number of years, I can't say what the price is like but it should be on the same line as the black ink. I do use it with the quill type pens with no problems, diluting or anything else and I use the B-72 clear coat with it again no problems. Water clean-up.

Jenny Yearous
Curator of Collections Management
State Historical Society of North Dakota