Hi Morris

You may find the following of use (even though they are written with English law and the English Insurance market in mind).

A key question is why are you insuring the buildings?  What would you want to do if some of the rooms were flood or fire damaged?  What would you want to do if the whole building was destroyed?  Remember that if you under insure the whole building then the insurer may only be obligated to pay out a proportion of the costs in the event of an incident that does not involve the total destruction of the property.

Insuring your historic buildings- Churches and chapels- Part 2 (2148 Kb)

Insuring your historic buildings- Churches and chapels- Part 1 (2230 Kb)

Insuring your historic buildings- Houses and commerical buildings- Part 2 (1964 Kb)

Insuring your historic buildings- Houses and commerical buildings- Part 1 (2543 Kb)

Trevor Reynolds
Collections Registrar
English Heritage 36 Hospital Fields Road, York, YO10 4DZ

Telephone +44 (0) 1904 610322 ext 24