Perhaps the most historically accurate way would be cats.

Gena Wagaman
Program Assistant II
WVU ES

>>> Lori Tolliver-Jones <[log in to unmask]> 6/27/2008 12:14 PM >>>

Hello,

We have a constant problem with mice in our house – more in the colder months than now – and have tried various tactics (traps, audio things, herbs, etc).  We also have an outbuilding, which is a log cabin, and houses weaving equipment. As you can imagine whatever may get left on the loom gets eaten in short order especially when the weather turns cool.  I’m wondering if anyone has discovered any “magic bullets” for keeping the mice away??  I’ve seen a product sort of like “deer off” only for mice (& other such critters) and wondered if it was at all effective.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lori Tolliver-Jones

Administrative Director

Historic Smithfield Plantation