From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janice Armstrong
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] "do not touch" labels

I recently had 450 5th graders come through our small house museum. I put on my white gloves and explained that the dirt and oil on their hands damages the artifacts so please don't touch. They were so respectful of things that I had to make a special point of telling them they could touch the handrail on the windy stairs on their way up!

Janice Armstrong

Fleming Castle Museum

Flemington NJ