At this year's AAM meeting, I led an Idea Lounge discussion called, "What Makes Historic House Tours So Boring?"   A large and lively audience shared great perspectives in wide-ranging discussion.   As a result, a colleague and I have begun a new project .  We are seeking information on historic houses that have compelling tours or other ways to engage their visitors.   It might be an exemplary school program, an innovative use of landscape, a museum theater presentation, work with contemporary artists, or perhaps, a site that allows their visitors the time and space to explore on their own.

We're from the Northeast, so we have a fairly good list from this part of the world, but are seeking examples both in the United States and internationally.   Let us know if your site is compelling, or if, as a visitor, you have experienced other sites that have left a lasting impression on you.   Tell us about the site, the tour, activity or program, and the effect it had on you or other visitors.

Thanks so much!

Linda Norris

--
Read my blog: