I have recently founded the Institute of Museum Ethics at Seton Hall
University and many museum professionals have shared stories with me
about such conflicts with museum boards.  What I'm wondering is what
educationl/training you have found most useful for museum boards or
what could be be useful.  I know there are some great board members
out there. How might these insightful board members help create "buy
in?"

Janet Marstine
Assistant Professor, MA Program, Museum Professions
Director, Institute of Museum Ethics
Seton Hall University
400 S. Orange Avenue
S. Orange NJ 07079