From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Natalie Bari
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Intern seeking research assistance

Below I am copying a message from our new intern who is doing a summer term with us.  One of her tasks is a research project.  She has been asked to research 1860s-1890s food storage and preparation.  Hay House, an Italian Renaissance Revival mansion located in Macon, GA, has recently applied for a grant which would provide funding for the purchase of interpretative materials for our newly restored larder, scullery, & kitchen.

Please reply directly to our intern Jamila whose email is listed at the conclusion of her request.

I am an intern at the Hay House, a house museum in Macon, Georgia, and am searching for information about late nineteenth and early twentieth century kitchens. I would like to learn about the servants that would have worked in the kitchen, and how the kitchen might have been run. If anyone has any ideas or leads to sources, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Jamila Lewis

Natalie Bari
870.897.6288

"Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop."
--Marilyn Monroe as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: