I think these are wonderful ideas, but I would like to encourage the use of a professional translator (or someone with a degree in Spanish grammar or Spanish literature) to proof the translations before you publish them or put them on your walls. Conversational Spanish (or English, for that matter) doesn’t always equate to a grammatically correct translation. I worked with a translator once who literally doubled-over in laughter while proofing translations provided by a lending institution that had used a bilingual docent to translate their label copy. Puns, metaphors, and colloquialisms are also easily misunderstood during translation, so pay particular attention to those.

Good luck!

Rachel Talent Ivers

Head Registrar

Museum of Art | Ft. Lauderdale