Dear Cindy -
Apart from the fact that, if your office is in a museum, you shouldn't have a cat there, I have the following observations:

 *   Some cats pee in places where they shouldn't, no matter how well you maintain their facilities.
 *   Some cats eat paper, scratch furniture, walk across computer keyboards, try to catch the cursor on the screen, try to catch the paper running through your printer, use your legs as scratching posts, leap down on you from high places, or use your body as a convenient way to achieve high places.
 *   Some cats are very vocal.
 *   Some cats are escape artists.
 *   Cats that are allowed outside have a way of bringing in small animals and dissecting them for you to save you the trouble.
 *   Cat fleas, unlike dog fleas, think people taste just as good as cats.
 *   No matter what color they are, cats shed white fur on dark clothing and dark fur on white clothing.
 *   Aside from food, shelter, litter, and toys, cats need regular veterinary care and immunizations once the initial shots and spaying or neutering are taken care of.
 *   Cats need to have their claws clipped, and if they have long hair they may need brushing to prevent matting.
Now, understand that I have four cats at home and am about to acquire another. Believe me, I know whereof I speak. And lest you think I don't love them beyond almost anything or anybody in the world, ask me about Hathaway, the one-eyed retriever cat. Or Danny, or Tart, or Kittery.
Best,

Anne

Anne T. Lane

Collections Manager

704.568.1774 x110 phone

704.566.1817 fax

The Charlotte Museum of History and Hezekiah Alexander Homesite

Where  History Has a Home

3500 Shamrock Drive

Charlotte, NC  28215-3214

www.charlottemuseum.org
Featured Exhibits:
ToyTime: Larger-than-Life Folk Toys, September 8, 2007 to March 9, 2008
Flags Across The Nation: Quilts of Patriotism, September 11 to November 11, 2007
Charlotte Neighborhoods: Brooklyn to Biddleville, Now through January 25, 2008