You can get adhesive sheets with text printed on. and apply text directly.
What surface are you mounting it on?

In a message dated 4/17/2008 3:38:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

We would  like to put text for our upcoming exhibit directly on the wall.
What is
the best way to do that? Do most people use silk screen or low tac  adhesive?
Help  me!

Important  Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed  information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message  to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help"  (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a  one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the  message should read "Signoff
Museum-L" (without the  quotes).

listings at AOL Autos.