Dear Allison,

Attached you find some reference to literature on narrative and voices in exhibits.

As luck would have it, I'm just about to write a paper on this topic. Maybe we can exchange some ideas off-list.

Best regards,
Werner Schweibenz

MuseumsInformationsSystem
Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg
Universität Konstanz
D-78457 Konstanz
Tel. +49-7531/88-4279
Fax  +49-7531/88-3703

Coffee, K. (2006): Museums and the Agency of Ideology. In: Curator: The Museum Journal, 49 (4) 2006, S. 435-448.

Danker, U./Schwabe, A. (2007): Historisches Lernen im Internet. In: Geschichte in Wissenschaft und Unterricht, 01/2007, S. 4-19.

Davies, R. (2001): Overcoming Barriers to Visiting. Raising Awareness of, and Providing Orientation and Navigation to a Museum and its Collections Through New Technologies. In: Museum Management and Curatorship, 19 (3) 2001, S. 283-295.

DiBlasio, M./DiBlasio, R. (1984): Constructing a Cultural Context Through Museum Storytelling. In: Nichols, S. K./Alexander, M./Yellis, K. (Hrsg.): Museum Education Anthology: 1973-1983. Perspectives on Informal Learning. A Decade of Museum Education Roundtable Reports. Washington, DC: American Association of Museums. S. 134-138.

Fisher, S. (2002): Objects are not Enough. In: Museums Journal (UK), June 2002, S. 32-35.

Hein, G. E. (1998): Learning in the Museum. (Museums Meanings) London: Routledge.

Krämer, H. (2006): Museums are Storytellers! New Perspectives of Education and Hypermedia. In: Understanding the New Dynamic. Art, Technology, and the Mind, Readings, ed. by The New Media Consortium, CASE Western University & Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, Ohio, S. 165-172.

Martin, L. (1999): Stories from the Fields, Hills, and Labs. In: Journal of Museum Education, 24 (3) 1999, S. 21-23.

Murray, J. H. (1997): Hamlet on the Holodeck. The Future of Narrative in Cyberspace. New York, NY: The Free Press.

Nietzky, P. (2005): Dramaturgie, Narration, Digitale Szenografie - Kriterien für eine gelungene Online-Vermittlung. In: EVA Berlin (2005), Electronic Imaging and the Visual Arts, Conference Proceedings, Berlin, S. 27-32.

Roberts, L. C. (1993): Analysing (and Intuiting) the Affective Domain. In: Bicknell, S./Farmelo, G. (Hrsg.): Museum Visitor Studies in the 90s. London: Science Museum. S. 97-101.

Spichiger, L./Jacobson, J. (2005): Telling an Old Story in a New Way. Raid on Deerfield: The Many Stories of 1704. In: Museums and the Web 2005. Proceedings from the International Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, April 13-17, 2005. Toronto: Archives & Museum Informatics. <www.archimuse.com/mw2005/papers/spichiger/spichiger.html>. Abruf 01.04.2008.

Streten, K. (2000): Honoured Guests - Towards a Visitor-Centred Web Experience. In: Museums and the Web 2000. Selected Papers From the Forth International Conference, Minneapolis, April 17-19, 2000. Pittsburgh, PA: Archives & Museum Informatics. <www.archimuse.com/mw2000/papers/streten/streten.html>. Abruf 01.04.2008.

Walsh, P. (1997): The Unassailable Voice. In: Museums and the Web 1997. Selected Papers from the First International Conference, Los Angeles, CA, March 16-19, 1997. Pittsburgh, PA: Archives & Museum Informatics, S. 69-76.

Weil, S. E. (1997): The Museum and the Public. In: Museum Management and Curatorship, 16 (3) 1997, S. 257-271.

Zavala, L. (1993): Towards a Theory of Museum Reception. In: Bicknell, S./Farmelo, G. (Hrsg.): Museum Visitor Studies in the 90s. London: Science Museum. S. 82-85.