From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Megan ONeill
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Crisis at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame

On March 20th the House passed a budget that would reduce funding for
many cultural institutions in the state of Georgia by approximately 50%.
The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame's budget will be not only be cut by
half, but it is stated in the bill that the museum is to be entirely
self-sufficient by 2010.

The Senate will begin considering the budget on Thursday, March 27 and
making any amendments to the budget passed by the House.  It is
imperative that our Senators be made aware that this decrease in funding
will cripple the operations of the GSHF and greatly reduce the quality
of the City of Macon.

A reduction in funding will result in the closing of perhaps the largest
and grandest state sports museum in the nation, thus removing what ought
to be a source of pride for the citizens of Georgia.

If you would be interested in helping by contacting your local Senators,
please e-mail me a response and I will provide you with more
information. Or, you can call me at (478) 752-1585 X101.

Thank you for your time.

Megan O'Neill
Georgia Sports Hall of Fame
Director of Marketing and Volunteer Services

it now.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i6
2sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
Subscriber Information: