Focus groups?  I would highly recommend agaist their use.   they don't work
in most cases.   (see new coke as a world class example of that not working)
There is even a really funny example of a focus group saying that the 1984
apple Mac Ad was horrible and bad.   People generally don't know what they
want until you give it to them.  Even when it is explained to them they
don't get it until they actually use it in the real world.   On top of
people in the groups feeling the power and wanted to make it there own.
Best episode of family guy ever was  a focus group with Seth Mcfarleen where
people basically tell him the show will never work.   (sorry advertising and
marketing is half of my life.)

--
Randy S. Little
http://reel.rslittle.com