Hi folks,

We have been offered a framed print of Treaty 8 with handwritten notes by Fred Mecredi (possible Fort Chipewyan Chief). It has water damage, a rip in the bottom center and damage to the brown paper on the back. It is still readable, with some smudging to the blue ink notes. The current owners wish to sell this artefact.

Questions I have are:

-          What is it worth? If anything.

-          Where would the original artefact be?

-          Who was Fred Mecredi? Do handwritten notes add value?

-          Is this item Treaty 8?

-          Is this item worth conserving? Repairing the damage?

This item on offer does not photograph well, but I do have some images taken of it. We have already notified the prospective donor that they should be offering it to the Fort Chipewyan Museum first. But, we do need to have some idea of what they “actually” have versus what they “claim” to have.

I would appreciate any feedback. Please reply off list to [log in to unmask]

It has removed 3617 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Checked by AVG.