From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Danielle Harrison
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Resource Room

Earlier in the month I sent out an e-mail asking for museums that have a resource room for their participation in an online survey about their resource room. Phase-I did not bring in as many surveys as hoped. For Phase-II I am sending out the survey again with a deadline due by Monday March 31, 2008. Please take a moment of your time and complete this survey. When I have interviewed people by phone this process took less than 15 minutes of there time. Your response to the questions will remain anonymous but your name and affiliation will be included in the Please Touch Museum official report.

Danielle Harrison

Please Touch Museum®

Play Study Center Intern

Please Touch Museum®

Museum Resource/Research Room Questionnaire

Please fill out the questions by typing in your response and e-mailing the completed, saved questionnaire back to [log in to unmask] by Monday March 31, 2008.

  1. How was the importance of a resource/research room determined? What process led to the decision?

  1. What was involved in the planning of the resource/research room?  Feel free to mention anything you and others did.

  1. Who was involved in planning and designing the resource/research room?  What were their roles?

  1. How was its location chosen? Is it connected to or near the store? Are rest rooms and or water fountains nearby? Are you satisfied with its placement?

  1. How was the resource/research room designed? What does it look like?  Describe

its important design features.

  1. What changes or adjustments in planning and design happened along the way?

  1. Is there a fee to use the services?  What is the cost?

  1. How is it staffed? Are there any qualifying credentials that one must have to be staffed there?

  1. Who are the intended users of the resource/research room? Who actually uses the resource/research room?  How extensively do they use it?

  1. Please describe what happens in your resource/research room.

  1. What materials are offered?  What materials are most often used? Are the materials connected to the exhibits?  How?

  1. Are these materials available to be lent out? How does the lending out process work? - Are you happy with this system?

  1. Are you a collecting institution? Are there any collections displayed in the resource/research room? Do the collections tie into the exhibits in your gallery? How much space is allotted to the collections in the resource/research room? How often are the collections changed within the resource/research room, if at all?

  1. Is your resource/research room child friendly? Are there children’s books or toys?

Are there any programs offered through the resource/research room? What types of programs are offered if any?

  1. What aspects of the resource/research room have been the best?  What has worked less well?  Is there anything that you would change or add to the resource/research room and Why?

  1. What is your name and affiliation? Your response to the questions will remain anonymous but your name and affiliation will be included in the official report. Leave this space blank if you choose to remain anonymous in the official report.

Thank You

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: