Here's one idea: The National Trust for Historic Preservation publishes
Preservation magazine.  It's terrific, and covers historic house museums,
historic gardens, archeology related issues,--in the current issue, there
are articles on a historic synagogue on the lower East Side in New York, as
well as an article about driving old Route 66.  Great photos, written for
the general public.

Cost is free with membership, and membership is $20. and up, even for
institutions.

Reine Hauser

Executive Director

The Graycliff Conservancy, Inc