I searched the archives and didn't see anything that could help.  Our museum has a collection of fur lap robes (horse, bear and buffalo).  We  roll our wool lap robes on tubes, cover them and store them on flat shelves.  But our fur lap robes are too heavy to roll and we don't have any place where I can store them flat, spread out (unless I really pile them).  I do have the ability to drape them over a 6" diameter tube and cover them with a sheet.  But some, particularly the matching undertaker's horses are very brittle and the hide is separating from the backing.  I'm concerned about the stress on the hide if we just drape it. Is it possible to get larger diameter tubes?  Naturally it has to be inexpensive. Any practical advice for a cheap solution would be greatly appreciated.  Please reply on or off list.  Thank you.

Bronwen A. Sanders
Executive Director
Mifflinburg Buggy Museum
570-966-1355