From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ava Wilkey
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Vendor for flags

Hello all,

I hope this inquiry finds everyone well.  I am doing some research in an attempt to find a vendor to create three flags for an upcoming exhibit: an American flag, a French flag and a custom veteran’s organization flag.  These will hang from the ceiling above our Georgia French Gratitude boxcar.  I found numerous vendors that sell nylon one-sided flags.  In my opinion, the nylon will be too thin and may fade quickly.  I am interested in a flag produced in a canvas or cotton denim-like material.  I feel these will be pleasing aesthetically and easier to care for.   Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thank you,

Ava R. Wilkey

Registrar / Assistant Curator

Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History

In affiliation with the Smithsonian Institution

2829 Cherokee Street NW

Kennesaw, GA  30144

PH:  770.427.2117 ext 3058 (NOTE NEW EXTENSION!)

email: [log in to unmask]

Visit us on the web at www.southernmuseum.org or www.kennesaw-ga.gov.

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: